Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Black Sheep

Yesterday afternoon I had the privilege of meeting with the CEO of BBH Advertising Agency. Not only did I get a grand tour of the gorgeous, innovative, creative space that is BBH's New York office, but I also got to see some of their work and hear their story. It all started when BBH received its first job: Levi's black denim campaign in the 80s. Up until this point, all denim was blue jean. What a shocker, right? Now there's denim every color from coral to sea-foam green to sequined covered fabric. Regardless, BBH launched its ad for Levi's as a hundred white sheep facing left with a black sheep in the right-middle of the huddle facing right. The tag line was "When life zigs, zag."

The reason I write about this is because I feel as if I am one of the black sheep in my crowd. It's not to summarize BBH's back story or to prove my defiance, but it's simply to apply this mind set to making things happen for myself and other people like me. The black sheep isn't symbolizing a rebel or an outcast, it's simply about being different and thus, standing out.

This was my first blog post from Blogger's iPhone app. Perfect for me considering my mind never sleeps. Be the black sheep. Because that's the only sheep's face I remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online